Considering this, how do you remove gum stain that has been washed and dried?
Boiling the Clothes
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to the boil.
- Submerge the gum affected area of the garment into the water. …
- While the garment is submerged, use a butter knife to scrape off the gum.
- Keep the garment under the water. …
- Air dry the garment.
- Repeat if necessary.
- If not, launder as normal.
Beside this, how do you remove gum stains?
Removing Chewing Gum Stains
Soak the item in hot vinegar for 1-3 minutes. Gently remove loose gum and repeat step 1 until the gum has been completely removed.
How does rubbing alcohol get gum out of clothes?
To use rubbing alcohol effectively, follow the steps below:
- Pour a small amount of spirit onto a sponge or non-abrasive scrubber (avoid soaking it), and hold it over the chewing gum.
- Use a peeling technique to remove the gum (while the sponge is placed over it).
How to Use Toothpaste to Remove Gum From Clothing
- Smear a dab of toothpaste on top of the gum wad.
- Flatten the gum wad using a ruler or credit card.
- Let the toothpaste air dry.
- When the toothpaste is dry, the gum should be hard enough that you can peel or scrape it off.
- Wash the fabric as usual.
How to Remove Chewing Gum from Clothes with Your Iron. Put a piece of clean cardboard on a flat surface or ironing board. Place the garment gum-side down on top. Set the iron to medium (too hot and it will melt the gum into a sticky mess, too low and it won’t be hot enough) and iron the garment on the back.