Use a stain guard
Regardless of whether you go for fabric or leather, using a stain guard is one of the best ways you can protect your sofa from being soiled. We recommend Guardsman Fabric or Leather Care Products to maintain that new look and take action on spills as soon as they occur.
In this regard, how do you safeguard a sofa?
- Vacuum the sofa weekly. …
- Flip the cushions and rotate them monthly.
- Dust the sofa weekly with a lambswool duster or white cotton cleaning cloth dampened in water.
- Spray a commercial fabric protector on the sofa right after you buy it, then again annually.
- Remove all throw pillows from the sofa.
People also ask, is Scotchgard Safe 2020?
The new C4-based Scotchgard is completely safe, 3M says. … Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing said that Scotchgard, a spray that protects clothing, fabrics, upholstery and carpets from stains and other damage, was safe and that the chemical compounds pose no health risk to humans.
How long does Scotchgard last on a sofa?
For fabric upholstery: Mix 1/4 cup vinegar, 3/4 warm water and 1 tablespoon of dish soap or Castile soap. Put in a spray bottle. Mist the soiled area. Scrub with a soft cloth until the stain lifts.
Maker suggests a green protectant called Vectra, which is similar to Scotchgard but made with gentler ingredients. She says it’s the leading choice for green furniture protection because it’s silicone free, fluorocarbon free, and safe for everything from suede to microfiber.